enke: Make Your Mark respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
In compliance with South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information bill (POPI), we are obliged by legislation to ensure that reasonable measures are implemented and followed to protect your privacy and the right to access of information. This includes transparency, accountability, and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal information. enke’s website, Social Media Pages and other online communication channels follows the policy as stated below.
Processing means broadly anything done with the Personal Information, including collection, usage, storage, dissemination, modification or destruction (whether such processing is automated or not). Some of the obligations under POPI are to:
- only collect information that you need for a specific purpose
- apply reasonable security measures to protect it
- ensure it is relevant and up to date
- only hold as much as you need, and only for as long as you need it
- allow the subject of the information to see it upon request
Collection and Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and other information that you provide by filling out our web forms; this includes information provided at the time of submitting your CV for a job or internship application or requesting services
enke also collects the following non-personal information, if you provide it:
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size, and business type
- Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and postal code
- If you contact us, enke may keep a record of that correspondence
As is true of most websites, enke automatically gathers information about your computer, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
This may also include information collected from surveys, which may include contact information and demographic information. enke does not sell, share, or rent this information to others for their marketing purposes without your consent. enke may, in compliance with applicable law, combine your information with information lawfully acquired from other organizations, and use it to improve and personalize services, content, and advertising.
enke may use this information in the following ways:
- To notify you about changes in service
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of enke programs or services, when you choose to do so
- To assess your needs to determine suitable products
- To send you requested program or service information
- To prevent, discover, and investigate violations of applicable Terms and Conditions.
- To send you a newsletter
- To send you marketing communications
- To respond to your questions and concerns
- To improve enke’s website and marketing efforts
- To conduct research and analysis
- To display content based upon your interests
Choice / Opt-Out
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters or marketing emails at any time, following the unsubscribe instructions included in those communications. You can also request us to remove you from further communications by addressing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may at several different points on enke’s websites request information (e.g., regarding programs, or find out more about our services). To submit a request using the forms provided on the website, you must supply contact information (e.g., name, email, phone number). This information is used by enke to provide the information requested.
enke’s posts stakeholder testimonials that may contain personally identifiable information, such as the customer’s name. enke obtains customer consent to post names prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove personal information that is being publicly displayed on enke’s website, please contact us.
enke may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help with our business activities, such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When enke believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If enke is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; in such a case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the websites of any change in ownership, or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Important things to know about cookies:
enke uses your IP address to help diagnose server problems, and to administer our website. enke uses your IP addresses to analyse trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Every time you access enke’s website, some data is temporarily stored and processed in a log file, such as anonymous IP addresses, the browser types, the recalled page, or the date and time of the recall. These data are only evaluated for statistical purposes, to help us diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our sites, or to improve our offer.
Links to Other Websites
enke retains your information for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that enke no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us. enke will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Storage of Information; Transmission
When enke collects personal information directly from you, it follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted: both during transmission and once received it is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). enke does its best to protect your personal data. Once your information is received, enke uses strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore its absolute security cannot be guaranteed; any transmission is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on enke website, contact us.
enke has a companywide commitment to your privacy. To make sure your personal information is secure, please check that you are visiting our enke authorized website on the domain www.enke.org.za. enke emails will only come from this domain. enke does not permit our employees to send or receive work-related emails from personal accounts or any other address.
Additional Policy Information
Updating, Accessing, Amending or Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
Children Under the Age of 13
Parents or guardians must be aware that minors may want to visit enke on the Internet. However, the site is not directed at children under the age of 13, and those under the age of 13 should not provide personal data on the site unless they have received permission from their parents before submitting any personal information. enke believes parents should be responsible for supervising the online activities of their children, and take into account various tools that allow them to provide their children with a controlled, child-friendly Internet. These tools are designed to preclude children from releasing personal information online without the permission of their parents. If enke becomes aware that a minor has submitted information on its site, enke reserves the right to request proof that the parent or guardian has permitted use by the minor of the site; otherwise enke reserves the right to delete the relevant information and the minor’s registration on the site.
By submitting information to enke, irrespective of how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.
enke is responsible for the personal data collected from users of this website and determines the purposes and means by which such personal data are used, subject to applicable law.