How Catalyst Works
Our objectives of the enke: Catalyst Program are to:
- Contribute to reducing the youth NEET rate to <30% by 2030.
- Break the continuum of hopelessness of out-of-school, post-school youth by rebuilding their self-belief and resilience through training, practical experience and inspiration.
- Inspire and support a bias toward entrepreneurship and innovation by helping young people develop the skills, networks and desire to identify and access opportunity.
- Provide an intervention that is accessible for post-school non-Matriculants to improve their futures.
The Program is made up of 3 core modules and has been delivered as a mix of residential and non-residential training:
- REBOOT / Personal Development Skills: Participants are taken through rigorous personal development training focused on rebuilding self-belief, self-confidence and essential social skills to succeed in a professional setting.
- NAVIGATE / Life Outcome & Pathway Training: Over 6 months, participants engage with information, resources, field trips and other experiences to guide them through navigating the obstacles they will face around access to education, employment and training.
- GENERATE / Entrepreneurial Development: Participants learn and apply Human-Centred Design methodology and SETA-Accredited New Venture Creation while building essential entrepreneurial skills.
- 6 months intensive skill building experience
- Lunch, tea/coffee and snack at every workshop day
- Take home & online resources
- Dedicated support person who is with you every step of the way